Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mr. Right

My newest poem. A follow up to the previous post. 

Mr. Right

I wrote you a speech tonight
one you'll never hear
one you'll never let me say
one I almost fear

you're the one I look to
when tears cloud o'er my eyes
you're the one I fear that I
may have to walk away from in surprise

telling you you're worth it
for some other gal
but for me tonight
you'll always be just my pal

it may not change the way you think
or what you think about me
but when I turn around, I'm walking out
and every day I'll be

waiting just around the corner
to hear you call after me
but when I hear your whisper
I'll know, it's always been just a dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. Man you write a lot. And don't fret about finding the right guy Shannon. you know my deal, and what i've learned from it is that when the time is right, God will reveal our significant other. So dont worry about searching, just trust in the Lord and you'll be fine. Oh and we need to hang out this summer for sure :)