Friday, May 23, 2008

family

I love my family. They are just the most amazing people I could ever ask for in life. No matter how my day's been, good or bad, great or absolutely terrible, they are there at the end of the day. I can relax with them. I can be happy with them.  I can laugh with them. We think alike, for the most part, and it's so nice to just feel safe with them. 

Even with my brothers being away, I know that they will always listen. If something was really bothering me, I could run away to them. And both their significant others are always so sweet, really like sisters. 

I am blessed to have a family who is truly proud of me, who are truly proud of each other. I am blessed to have a grandfather who is completely stoked to work with his grandkids and will take every chance he gets to show that off. I am blessed to have a grandma and an aunt and a mom who will spend hours talking and enjoying each other's company just like they were teenagers again, because they are the best of friends. I am blessed to have a dad who will surprise mom and me with random gifts just because he likes to see us smile and have fun.

I am blessed to have a family who all love the Lord and will lead me in that way, who will be there when I'm struggling following God and will give me some direction and hold me up. I am so proud of my family when my friends see my family and tell me they wish they're family was just like mine. I am blessed to have a family who will take in all of those friends and treat them just as family. 

I love my family so incredibly much and I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are my refuge, my safe haven, my security and my happiness. In them, I found God. What more could I ask for?

No comments: