Friday, May 16, 2008

change is here

I've said I hate change, and well frankly, most of the time I do. But this, this change I'm learning to be okay with, I'm learning to enjoy.

I no longer have my cherished 2am conversations with my brother because they've CHANGED into lunchtime conversations at work.

I felt like I was losing him to Blythe, but really, he was only losing her to me. (That's what he gets for giving his little sister what she's wanted all her life...a sister.)

I felt as if I had to give up friendships to work out things with God, choosing one or the other, but instead, with His help, those friendships CHANGED into the most cherished ones I miss.

I've made some wonderful friends and learned to let go of others.

I've been scared about the future, and frankly, that hasn't changed. I'm still afraid of stepping out with my writing, but soon, soon enough, that will also change.

It all comes down to one thing. Trust. Trusting God that He has a plan. That He has a better plan. When I got that straight, change didn't look so bad. =)

No comments: