Monday, May 26, 2008

family again

Don't take advantage of the time you spend with your family. Enjoy every moment of it because in an instant it can all be taken away. You don't realize that the last time you said goodbye was really the last time. Realizing that we aren't invincible makes living life all the more sweeter because as long as you cherish the time you have with the ones you love, you won't regret it when they're gone.

Now thank goodness I have not lost my Pa (my mom's Dad). He is the funniest, sweetest, most caring man I have ever known, and I would miss his hugs and his smiles dearly. He had a heart attack the other night, but luckily, he is still alive. I have only lost one family member in my entire life, my great grandmother, who was getting up in her years when she passed of old age and some illness. That was maybe 4 years ago, but it was at least slightly expected. 

I don't know how to deal with grief. People who have been long time family friends, or even just a member of our church, have passed away and I've cried my heart out for them. I wonder how I would react if someone actually close to me died. I understand that as I get older, they also get older. The more days we live brings more chances for us to die, although that is a rather pessimistic way to look at it, it is also a realistic view. 

I love my Pa. I thank God that he is alright. I love my family. Lord please let me spend a few more years with them, to appreciate the time I have with them before they're gone, or I'm gone. 

No comments: