Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yes, it is late.

So here's some things I've learned about myself lately.

-Staying up late is creative time, but also emotional time. I get high strung and go crazy, imagining worst case scenarios and best case scenarios, nothing in between.

-I'll know within 3 months if a guy is the one for me, and either way, I'll try to sabotage whatever it is I may have with him because I'm scared.

-I freak out because I don't know how to have a relationship that works.

-I want to travel, but more than anything I really want to stay close to home.

-As much as I'm content being single right now, I know that God will someday give me the desires of my heart by blessing me with a husband and a family, whether that is soon or sometime much later.

-I know that words have a greater impact on my life than anyone else realizes.

-I know that I can no longer live behind and hide behind letters.

-I can't let my emotions, my empathy towards others, completely take over my life. For petty things, I need to let go of their disappointments, their hurts, especially when I continue to hold on to them long after they do.

-I am happy with who I am, but I'm afraid to miss out on what God has planned because I wasn't willing enough to take action.

-I'm happy that He's given me one of the biggest dreams of my heart, my book.

Life is good. God is better. There is nothing else to say, but everything else to learn. =)

No comments: