Friday, July 18, 2008

poem

hmm so I'm thinking maybe I should just delete the post about giving up writing. new poem. doesn't really have a title, yet, but it kinda goes along with the last post i guess. enjoy?

I find myself falling for him
a terrible mistake
I can't assume he'll fall for me
or flirt for hoping's sake

I finally got over this
I was finally content
then he stepped into my life
and now I'm all but spent

He doesn't even know it
or even slightly suspect
but one day when I run away
I'm sure he'll always connect

what caused me to feel this way
what caused me to smile
while really I can't do this
I won't let my heart defile
                                      his
in a sad attempt to hold him
in a sad attempt to be his smile
I won't hurt his precious heart
I won't, I can't be vile.

No comments: