Thursday, July 24, 2008

Wishes

Do you ever find yourself wishing for something different? Wishing the way things were was different? 

But then I wonder, does that really matter? If it were different, if you lived in a "perfect" world that always revolved around you, wouldn't that get boring sometimes? And you may say that your perfect world doesn't always revolve around you, but really? EVERYONE thinks about themselves before others, it's just the way this country works, the way this world works. Sin has taken over. But then I wonder, what IF we lived in a perfect world, where people cared about each other, respected each other. Sometimes I wonder if we'd laugh at all, smile at all, but is our world truly that cruel? That the only way we'd be happy is at someone else's expense?

I tend to try to have faith in humanity, but I've come to realize I can't. The one and only thing that I can put my faith in is Christ and those that live like him. You may see otherwise, and I won't argue, for now. But those that hold true joy, those that can live in happiness, in a small glimpse of that perfect world, are those that call Christ their father, their savior and their master. 

Everyone else is just fakin' it.

That's all.

No comments: