Friday, July 18, 2008

Something to Think About

He's got a lot of girls around. They all fight for his attention. They want to be at his side, to hold his hand. They all claim he's asked them out, that he's in love with them.

One of these days, I'll be that girl he chooses, I'll be the one for whom he pushes through the crowd. I'll be the reason for his smile and the only one who's caught his attention.

Until that day, though, I'll be here, sitting on your couch, enjoying the show. I'll stand by and be the friend, the one friend every guy wants in the midst of the chaos of crushes, the one girl that will stand by and laugh with you at that chaos, while secretly wishing you knew.

But you'll never know. Not until you're that one guy. The one who fights for my attention and wants to be at my side, to hold my hand. The one who asks me out and falls in love with me.

No comments: