Saturday, March 1, 2008

one week..and counting...

so in one week, so much will be different.
In one week...
My brother will be married.
I will have a sister.


That's enough change for me. Life in the next week is going to be insane. APU v Biola is Monday. Academic Advising is Monday. I have a paper due Tuesday. I get a midterm back Tuesday. I have a presentation Tuesday. Then I have a nice looong drive home. Then the craziness of the wedding begins. Thursday is the bachelorette party. Friday is the rehearsal and dinner. Saturday...THE WEDDING! Sunday....life is different. I'll have a sister, and my brother will be married. 

I want to say that I'm losing my brother in a way. That I won't be able to have those 2AM conversations that I used to cherish through high school, just sitting on the stairs talking about the hard stuff. He's been one of the biggest role models in my life, and now I feel like I'm losing him to Blythe, but this is just how life works right? But I guess if you look at it the other way, I'm actually gaining a role model. I love Blythe and I would ask for no better girl for Josh. There is no better girl for him or our family. I know she's not stealing him away, and I know that I will see them again. Plus, didn't I leave behind those 2AM conversations when I left for school? Isn't it me then that first let go? I don't know why this is going to be so hard. It will be just the same as it has been for the past two years of them dating, except that she will actually live with him in the apartment.

I think I just don't like change. But it's not like I can actually stop change. So here comes the bride. One week.

No comments: