Friday, March 28, 2008

I hate debates

So basically I'm completely sick of the whole home schooling, public schooling debate. It's so stupid because the arguments from both sides come as "you just don't know; if you had been brought up in [insert type of schooling here] then you would see it so much differently, you would see it my way." I will say, I am guilty of this myself but it frustrates me because even when I try to defend home schooling and say that it is great and then they get upset because "I just don't get it." But here's my thing, if you're not even going to let me say anything without bashing me for it, can we just give it up please? because if I say it's great you tell me why I can't say that, and if I tell you it's terrible you tell me why I can't say that either, so if I lie somewhere in between you tell me I just don't get it. And I'd rather just end the whole conversation agreeing to disagree because even home schoolers just don't get it sometimes?? It's not just us stupid public schoolers okay? Please see that.

I know that I have friends from both and hopefully this whole debate will not separate us. I love them all. =)

No comments: