Sunday, November 11, 2007

Racial Diversity

I don't know what to write about racial diversity because the only diversity I really deal with is not all that evident to me. I don't treat anyone different because of the color of their skin. To me, we're all just people. I don't like it though, when I'll treat someone the same as I would any person and they take it to be offensive. It's like they're saying they want to be treated equally but really they want to be treated sensitively, which I believe is not the same. If I can say one thing to a white person and the same thing to a black person and the same thing to an asian person, I don't believe it should be taken differently, but they will all respond differently because of their backgrounds and experience, they shouldn't respond differently simply because of their race. I believe that each person should be treated the same as the next, as carefully and individually as you would treat any person, not based on their race. That may not make any sense, but that's what I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.