Sunday, November 11, 2007

Global Vision Week

I didn't go to Beginnings this week, but I do know a lot about the global missions. This summer I was able to go to China on a three week mission trip with my church. It was the craziest most unusual missions trip I've been on. Most of the trips I've been on were about the people there, and how we would work for them and build them a church or a house or an outhouse, etc. But on my trip to China, we were there to make relationships. We ate with people, played basketball with them, talked with them in English to improve their English skills. We introduced them to our friend, who is a missionary there, and we opened a doorway for him to work through after we were gone. We were there simply to encourage the new believers and to keep their hopes up in Christ, give them a reason to keep going. Many Christians we met, had lost hope and wanted to give up because no one else they knew was a Christian, but we restored their hope in Christ, and isn't that what we are supposed to do as a body of Christ, encourage each other? So even though it wasn't the way I had expected the trip to go, or as other trips had gone, it was still God working through us to encourage our brothers and sisters around the world. =)

No comments: