Wednesday, June 4, 2008

happy day

sometimes I think I get caught up on all the bad stuff that is going on in life, the unfortunate things, the inconveniences and the loss of hope and dreams this world sometimes brings. 

But what about those days when your dreams come true? I have to write about those days too, don't I? To only let you read about the sadness and hurt in my life could pretty much depress anyone, so here's to those who have been waiting for a happy post, an exciting post.

Yesterday I received in the mail, the first copy of My Life in a Bookshelf by Shannon Lazear. Yes that's ME!! It's just poetry and short stories, and it's not available to the public yet, there's still some of the process I have to go through, but the fact that I got to hold a book that has my name in print, and what is inside is all of MY writing and no one else's, is pretty much one of my biggest dreams come true. At this point in life, I'm not sure much what else to ask for.

PS I haven't thought about wanting, okay to be honest I can't say wanting, but I'll say...I haven't really longed for, been pining after, or dwelling on the thought of needing or even just wanting a guy in my life at this moment in about two weeks. I have my God. I have my family. I have my friends. And now I even have my writing. What more could I ask for? 

It's a happy day! =)

No comments: